Back To School with The Lazy Gourmet
Summer is nearly over and you know what that means – Back to School is just around the corner! It’s a very busy time of year for most, and many people have a hard time finding a quick and easy breakfast that is healthy and they can have on the go. Lazy Gourmet has the answer! Check out our recipe for one our new “Study Bars”, the Happy Hemp Bar!
Happy Hemp Bars (Yield: 12 Bars)
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place hemp hearts, cherries, chocolate chips, coconut and flaxseed meal in a food processor. Process using on/off pulses, until the mixture is finely chopped (but not a paste). Add the tahini using on/off pulses until just combined. Mix in toasted pumpkin seed.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Place a large piece of parchment paper, wax paper or plastic wrap (coated with cooking spray) atop the bar mixture and use it to spread and flatten the mixture evenly in the pan. Discard the paper or plastic.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown at the edges. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely in the pan.
- Using the liner, lift the mixture from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 12 bars.
What is your go-to healthy on-the-go breakfast? Comment below!